Monday, February 23, 2009

Mom Took a Class

on cake decorating. For the most part, it was fun because I had a trip down memory lane. The teacher would share an idea or show how to use a tip for a certain design, and I would remember my mother decorating cakes when I was a child. She did all of the designs that I was shown that night. My mom was a great cake decorator, she even made my wedding cake. I think the hardest part for her, was the stress of getting everything "just right", but I thought they were beautiful!

So here is my attempt at decorating a cake. It has been such a long time since I tried cake decorating, my boys thought this cake was "awesome". Of course, it helped that it tasted good, too.

I guess I will try again soon to decorate a cake. I just have to think of ways to decorate it. Everyone there at the class said there are great books out there, so I might have to pick one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Welcome - Please let us know what you think!